What is the Basic Environmental Plan or Basic Environmental Project (PBA)?
During the installation license, the basic environmental plan or basic environmental Project (PBA) contains the details of the mitigating measures and compensations to be adopted by the entrepreneur to mitigate environmental impacts identified during the EIA elaboration.
These guidelines must be clearly specified to allow precise and useful actions in the implementation and operation of the business.
The PBA seeks to fulfill the Environmental Agency conditions for the previous license, the detailing of the environmental programs and environmental compensation project.
The Environmental Agency will receive the PBA and other technical documents to verify compliance with the conditions stablished in the previous license, in addition to evaluating the environmental compensation project and perform a technical inspection, if necessary.
The compensation will be transformed into a Commitment to be executed by the entrepreneur.
After the installation license granted, the entrepreneur must provide the monitoring and reports periodic, as required in the conditions of the license.
Who needs a PBA?
Enterprises of activities that causes high or potential environmental impacts or significant degradation of the environment, which were subject to an EIA during the previous license – a PBA will be required during the installation license.
What is the content of a PBA?
The PBA should embrace all the conditions, impacts and mitigating and compensatory measures, detailing the environmental programs. Each program must present the following topics:
- Target audience;
- Human and material resources;
- Monitoring and evaluation;
- Responsible for implementing the plan.
What are the environmental programs that may be required?
Environmental programs required in phase of installation license vary according to the most significant environmental impact and the conditions of previous license for each business or potentially polluting activity.
Examples those are commonly required:
- Environmental management and control plan of works;
- Program guidelines for the construction site;
- Monitoring of management and Environmental Control of works;
- Environmental Management Program;
- Program monitoring and control of noise emissions;
- Program for control and monitoring of atmospheric emissions;
- Program of occupational health and safety;
- Program monitoring and control of erosion and silting;
- Program for control and monitoring of water quality;
- Solid waste management program;
- Program for control and monitoring of liquid effluents;
- Environmental education and training program for workers;
- Mobilization and demobilization program of the construction site;
- Social communication plan;
- Forest Recovery plan and strengthening of protected areas;
- Wildlife monitoring plan;
- Environmental education plan;
- Fitness plan and Urban Interference monitoring, traffic safety, accident prevention and traffic operational management;
- Plan and projects to use financial resources related to environmental compensation.
How can we help?
Master Ambiental has specialized and multidisciplinary team able to evaluate all the environmental variables of the business and identify and plan strategies for the implementation of the preventive/corrective actions, orienting to meet successfully the licensing restrictions.
Contact us! We can answer your questions, ask for a quote!